Tuesday, May 25, 2010

...the adversary!

I brandish my sword with an air of defiance - a picture of arrogance and skill...
Throughout this seemingly endless chase,
I have never caught a glimpse of his face...

I am in pursuit of a villain, an imposter, a foe - I will strike him down, I will kill!

On this nearly infinite, uncharted expanse, I search for clues in the ‘mist’...
Fighting the storms of misery and pain,
I cross this uneven, uncertain terrain...

I will not retreat, nor accept defeat – I will move on; I must persist.

I follow him through the sands of time, and the mirages of uncertainty...
Then, just as I turn another blind bend,
My arduous journey comes to an end...

This is no mere shadow – it is him – I have made my tryst with destiny!

On a night that never ends, we duel – there is rain and there is blood...
And as soon as his weariness begins to show,
I deliver a powerful, lethal blow...

My adversary cries out in despair, in anguish and falls into the mud!

Disarmed, wounded – he is where I want him – I will now see the end of this...
But, what follows is a cruel surprise,
He laughs mockingly and removes his disguise...

I am shocked and numb with disbelief... I am my own nemesis!

8 comments:

IceX said...

Well, you poem inspired me to find these...
http://www.quotegarden.com/self.html
http://www.quotegarden.com/self-discovery.html

This was deep, pal.

Unknown said...

good stuff! now you you need 2 prequels.

Rupa said...

You remind me of Voltemort. Powerful stuff!

Unknown said...

amazing....

Sudha said...

Very impressive one...it is such a pleasure reading such a well written piece...wish you would write often...keep up the good work and let the world get a chance to meet this poet..dont hide him within you

Anonymous said...

Excellent expression of your thoughts.

We hope this inner conflict ends and the divine light shows the right path & heals the wound for ever.

Ragini said...

"Neither can live while the other survives" so.... Averda Kedavra and i killed mine..... (forgiven). Cheers!!!its simply WOW!!!

Pummy said...

When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

very very nice :-)