Monday, February 23, 2009

politically yours...

Can you tell a chameleon apart from the branches of a tree?
And me? Am I a friend or your arch-enemy?
I am an everyday 'con-man' - a master of disguise;
I am everything you adore and everything you despise!
Fact is, the moment I walk through these doors
My mission begins - I am 'politically yours'!

'Trust' is a common error, the temptation is compelling;
So, even after the lethal blow, you do not feel the swelling.
You are numb, in a trance, you do not see the puppet strings;
And it's all over - well before the 'fat lady sings'!
It may be your row-boat, but I have the oars -
I am the friend who is a fiend - 'politically yours'!

I am Corporate Perfection - shiny shoes and the tie -
And once I win you over, I am 'your kind o' guy'.
Its a pity you didn't have your eye on the game -
I'd hate to see you fall this way - isn't it a shame!
And till an even bigger fish gets washed onto the shores
I remain unstoppable - I am 'politically yours'!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one.
Echoed a lot of things inside my mind.
Er..was this dedicated to a special someone?

Bubble said...

Bubble said...

Politically Correct

Anonymous said...

apolitical and nice :-)

Unknown said...

Almost Perfect!!!!!

Angry Voices said...

Agreed from the core
The agreement couldn't be more
the trust they say
flies far, far away
Once power comes closer ashore..

Rains,coffee and verse said...

it is clear, yet not meant to be.
it is perfect, but i say it with a sigh..wish it neednt be.

beautifully written.

Riya said...

very beautifully written....

Unknown said...

Very nice indeed....Who inspired you to write this ?

Anonymous said...

Really nice...

Mahua said...

each year brings new learnings ..
2008 was one too
politically yours came hard
I barely survived ..
but, isnt that enough?

Anonymous said...

really good .. I like your blogs