Friday, January 21, 2005

... computers & contradictions

Another day dawns upon us...
No time to smell the flowers :-( ...
We just log-in to our terminals
And linger on for hours!
Deadlines to be met... &
"Issues" to be "resolved";
Do we have other talents?
Or, have they all dissolved??
Its all sophisticated -
Hi-tech and pretty neat;
And though captive in our cubicles,
We remember to compete!!
Projects come and go,
With appraisals galore;
We get paid plenty,
But we're asking for more!
We're all just queueing up for kudos ...
Some, like me, aren't too bright :-( ...
But some of us have all the luck
And make our way onsite!
Now, I guess that's something
You'd equate with success...
Even though you're leaving home,
And your love-life's in a mess!
Access-cards & credit cards...
And online applications...
Meetings and long-telecons
To distant destinations ...
There's a client - someone, somewhere ...
Do they even know my name??
But as long as money's changing hands,
I guess its all fair-game... !
I'm a product of the system...
I'm really one of "them" !! (oh no!)
I'm a glorified slave & yet
"La creme de la creme"!
Hey! We also do a bit of work -
Its not all science-fiction;
I'm a software professional -
I'm a walking contradiction!!

1 comment:

Monalees:) said...

Good one again....every "walking contradiction" would identify himself/herself with the story....